When there is inadequate lubrication or wetting of the eye, a condition known as dry eye exists. Although there is no cure for dry eye syndrome, Campus Eye Group in Hamilton offers a variety of safe and effective Dry Eye New Jersey treatments.
Dry eye symptoms can be caused by aging, environmental pollution, hormonal changes, contact lens wear, certain medications and diseases, and over-use of the eyes looking at computer screens. These symptoms include:
- Eye irritation that increases when exposed to smoke or wind.
- A sensation of stinging or burning in the eyes.
- Eye fatigue after reading even for short amounts of time.
- Light sensitivity.
- Sensation of having a foreign substance in the eyes.
- Blurred vision by the end of the day.
Individuals experiencing any of the above symptoms should schedule a confidential consultation with a dry eye specialist at Campus Eye Group to determine which of our dry eye New Jersey treatments can help to correct this problem.