When there is inadequate lubrication or wetting of the eye, a condition known as dry eye exists. Although there is no cure for dry eye syndrome, we can offer a variety of safe and effective Dry Eye treatments.
Dry eye symptoms can be caused by aging, environmental pollution, hormonal changes, contact lens wear, certain medications and diseases, and over-use of the eyes looking at computer screens. These symptoms include:
- Eye irritation that increases when exposed to smoke or wind.
- A sensation of stinging or burning in the eyes.
- Eye fatigue after reading even for short amounts of time.
- Light sensitivity.
- Sensation of having a foreign substance in the eyes.
- Blurred vision by the end of the day.
Individuals experiencing any of the above symptoms should schedule a confidential consultation with one of our dry eye specialists at Campus Eye Group to determine which treatments can help to correct this problem.